Week 4 began with a date day to explore Greenville and to pull permits for the new service panel.
While my husband was busy working on the bathroom in the mobile home, I got busy doing demo in the pantry in the main house to get ready for the new location for the service panel.
And then my fun demo project took a turn.
I found severe damage and rot to the studs supporting the walls and had to go deliver the bad news to my husband.
He came down and took out the floor and the news was even worse.
How that corner of the house was standing, we have no idea. The bathtub in the adjoining room is falling through the floor. Studs were so rotted they were not touching the ground and support joists were crumbling in my husband’s hands.
We got busy cutting wood and my husband was able to save that corner of the house. He attached new studs to the old ones, replaced floor joists, added moisture barrier and replaced the subfloors.
The one highlight of the week is I did find some tongue and groove wood in the kitchen walls.
And the new service panel did make it’s way into it’s new location.